In WAV, we ensure that we understand our client needs, deliver products and services that satisfy or exceed their expectations by meeting specified Quality requirements within the constraints of our contracts and in accordance with applicable client specifications, codes and standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
To ensure that the above is accomplished, WAV Management has put in place a Quality Management System which is certified to the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems – requirements.
WAV is committed to continually improving the effectiveness of our Management systems through the proactive identification and implementation of improvement opportunities. WAV’s Quality Management System is pivotal to effective business operations and meeting customer expectations.
Health, Safety, Environment Management
At WAV, by fully embracing our HSE culture and applying our high standard of HSE commitment, we are devoted to ensuring and continually improving the health, wellness and safety of our personnel and the environment in which we operate. We demand that all our personnel and subcontractors embrace this culture and that our leaders are visibly committed to our high HSE expectations.
WAV continually strives to maintain a healthy workforce by ensuring we have a healthy environment in which to perform our work. We conduct frequent inspections of our offices, worksites and vessels to identify possible health hazards and implement corrective or preventative actions to ensure a healthy work environment. Additionally WAV has an ongoing health awareness program which has regular “Health flashes” disseminated throughout the workforce as well as targeted health related initiatives and campaigns that get our personnel directly involved through targeted awareness training, health checks and incentives.
At WAV we monitor our environmental impact with the aim of continually reducing our environmental footprint. WAV strives to achieve this goal by:
- Minimizing our impact on the air, seas, fauna, flora and the environment in which we operate
- Source and use environmentally friendly materials as practically possible.
- Utilize subcontractors who have and apply the same environmental philosophy
- Recycle as practically as possible o Source and utilize energy efficient and low impact equipment and materials and,
- Reduce the amount of waste produced through waste minimization planning in all phases of our work. Presently working towards ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems certification with the new revision of the standard expected for publication in late 2015 to early 2016. WAV will be perusing our ISO 14001 certification in late in late 2016.
Developing a safe company culture is a never-ending process. Our senior managers are required to demonstrate a visible commitment to following the intent of our policies and leadership in duty of care. Workforce engagement is essential to ensure that safety culture is real and not just words. Our Goal is to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and systems of work for all WAV employees. To also provide clear procedures, training and supervision that is required for this purpose. WAV also accepts responsibility for third party people who enter our managed sites, who may be effected by our activities.
At WAV, HSE is more than the three letter acronym for Health Safety and Environment, it is the key value in how we do our business, and do it successfully.